Haul Road Dust Control Solutions
If you are looking for information on rural road dust solutions then please go to our Rural Road Dust Control page.
Haul road dust is usually controlled by water carts periodically spraying the road. The following are some of the options to improve on this approach
Haul Road Dust Control Chemicals
There are a large range of chemicals which can be used for dust suppression. They can be used to reduce dust, improve road structure and most commonly to reduce water truck and water usage.
The following are some of the key products. All Wet Earth chemicals are environmentally friendly.
DustWorx® GX is a concentrated polymer based product which is used as an additive to water trucks. Some of the benefits include:
- Designed for mine haul roads
- Easily applied - liquid and non gelling
- Polymers bind and hold fine dust particles
- 100% environmentally safe
- Zero harm to application equipment
- Can be used in fresh, KCl and salt water
- Cost effective
- Does not increase road slipperiness
DustWorx® GX can be also be applied at a higher concentration to maximise the time between watering. For example for Haul Roads when diluted at 1:500 (0.5L per m2) it can eliminate watering for up to 2 days and an application rate of 0.3L per m2 (diluted in 1L of water) can eliminate watering for up to 2 months.
Wet Earth can supply water truck based and standpipe based dosing systems for DustWorx® GX. These system make it simple to dose each water cart as it fills.
Zero is a environmentally friendly ‘Synthetic Organic’ formulation which coats the fines and binds them to the road surface. A single application of Zero can prevent 100% of dust without the need to regularly water the road for up to 12 months. Reapplication usually only requires 30% of the original dosage. Ideal for car parks, storage yards and roads where DustWorx is not an option.
For more information please visit our Zero page.
Haul Road Dust Control Spray Systems
Wet Earth can design and supply automated spray systems for both open pit and underground mine haul roads. These spray systems include the following:
- elimination of water trucks off haul roads
- potential cost savings if water truck numbers can be reduced
- productivity benefits if water truck are a cause of haul road congestion
- ability to utilise water trucks elsewhere - eg water disposal
- high frequency watering with lower application rates
- improved dust suppression
- reduction in haul road wear caused by over watering
- reduced risk of slippage due to over watering
- more control of watering frequency and amount of water delivered each pass
- designed for site specific road width, lengths and elevation changes
- control system can be customised to suit site standards and CITECT systems